Solutions for Internet Service Providers
Internet Service Providers could use the Hablaporinternet Cloud Solution for easy and fast billing and control of WiFi hotspots, broadband internet access, prepaid wifi service, ADSL, Cable Modem, WiMax, etc.
1. Prepaid WiFi Services
Prepaid WiFi services enable Internet telephony service providers (ITSP) to offer wireless access services that customers can pay for in advance.
The market for prepaid services includes tourists, immigrant communities, mobile populations such as military personnel, and people with limited credit histories. These users can all gain immediate access to WiFi services at key locations such as hotels, cafes by using prepaid WiFi cards (“vouchers” or “access codes”) purchased at supermarkets, online shops and other types of retail outlets. Prepaid WiFi access is a “purchase” transaction – so, at the moment of the authorization, the funds are withdrawn from the account and converted into the WiFi access time.
Typical Prepaid WiFi Service Scenario
In an ITSP network infrastructure, prepaid services are implemented through a debit card application and work in conjunction with the following:
- WiFi router* or any device that allows you to use custom RADIUS authentication and accounting
- Hablaporinternet prepaid wifi service cloud solution
This combination of services enables you to authorize prepaid WiFi access and debit individual user accounts in real time.
- Customer selects the WiFi network
- Customer clicks “Connect”
- Customer opens web browser
- Customer opens WiFi gateway authorization page
- Customer enters the login and password
- Customer starts working
* Captive Portals that Hablaporinternet could integrate (not all products of these manufacturers support external Captive Portal for authentication):
- AeroHive Networks
- Aruba Networks – Integration Guide
- Cambium Networks
- Casa Systems
- CoovaChilli – Integration Guide
- Cisco Systems – Integration Guide
- ICC Networking – Integration Guide
- Meraki – Integration Guide
- Meru Networks/Fortinet
- MikroTik RouterOS – Integration Guide
- Mojo Networks
- Open-Mesh – Integration Guide
- pfSense – Integration Guide
- Ruckus Wireless – Integration Guide
- SonicWall – Integration Guide
- Ubiquiti Networks – Integration Guide
- TP-Link EAP – Integration Guide
- Trapeze Wireless/Juniper Networks
2. Broadband Internet Access Services
As an Internet Service Provider (ISP) you can use the Hablaporinternet Cloud Internet Access solution to provision and define rates for broadband Internet access services (such as DSL, ADSL, cable, WiMax, Cable Modem, Wireless Point to Multipoint, etc.)
The most typical broadband package types that you can offer your clients include:
- Fixed bandwidth (download and /or upload) and unlimited data transfer, for a fixed monthly fee.
- Fixed bandwidth (download and /or upload) and a limited total data transfer amount, for a fixed monthly fee.
- A pay-as-you-go plan, where the customer is charged based on the amount of data transferred (per kilobyte, megabyte or gigabyte).
You also would be able to assign a static IP to an account and restrict the number of simultaneous Internet sessions with the same Account ID.
Examples of Broadband Packages:
As an example, we describe three packages with the following specifications:
- Start: 128 kbps upload and 512 kbps download bandwidth for $15.00 monthly. To provide all of your customers with adequate Internet usage you can design a service usage policy that eliminates service abuse or illegal service usage. You can do this by limiting the quota of Internet traffic per day. For example, a customer will be unable to download more than 1 GB of data in a single day; after that, the Internet will be blocked until the following day.
- Pro: 256 kbps upload, 1 Mbps download bandwidth and 20 GB of data transferred during peak hours and 30 GB of data transferred during nighttime hours for $30.00 monthly. You can limit upload / download bandwidth to 64 kbps after customer consumes his quota.
- Premium: 512 kbps upload, 2 Mbps download bandwidth and, data transfer up to 40 GB for $40.00 monthly. Data transfer above these thresholds is charged at $2.00 per gigabyte. Premium provides the rollover of unused traffic to the following month.